This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: dg-error vs. i18n?
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 15:27:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: dg-error vs. i18n?
- References: <4AE235E4.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4AE24BE4.email@example.com> <4AE281BC.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Oct 24 07:05, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 23:25, Charles Wilson
> <email@example.com> wrote:
> > That's interesting. I had thought "ascii" was a fairly common encoding
> > name; I know I've seen both 'encoding="ascii"' and 'encoding="us-ascii"'
> > in XML documents. ?Maybe we (cygwin) should add an explicit
> > plain-old-ascii encoding name?
> For XML, the list of encoding values is specified by IANA.
This is something we should head to in the long run. For the time being
I'd prefer we stick to "ASCII".
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple