This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mintty-0.5.2-1
- From: Andy Koppe <andy dot koppe at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 07:21:17 +0100
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mintty-0.5.2-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Mintty is a terminal emulator for Cygwin with a native Windows user
interface and minimalist design. Among its features are Unicode
support and a graphical options dialog. Its terminal emulation is
largely compatible with xterm, but it does not require an X server.
Mintty is based on code from PuTTY by Simon Tatham and team.
0.5.2-1 is a maintenance release. The setup.exe package is for Cygwin
1.7 only. (A Cygwin 1.5 version is available from the project page at
- Triple-click line selection now supports wrapped lines.
- The newline character at the end of a line is no longer included
when triple-clicking, to allow the line to be edited after pasting it
back into the terminal.
- Reintroduced an option for setting the backspace keycode back to ^H.
- Dropped the option for disabling the Copy&Paste shortcuts.
- Added 'shortcut override mode', enabled with '\e[?7783h' and
disabled with '\e[?7783l'. When this is on, all mintty shortcuts are
overridden and sent to the application instead.
- Improved window resizing behaviour.
Mintty's project page is located at http://mintty.googlecode.com.
Please use the issue tracker there to report bugs or suggest
enhancements. Questions or comments can be sent to the mintty
discussion group at http://groups.google.com/group/mintty-discuss or
the Cygwin mailing list at email@example.com .
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link
on the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to
your system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple