This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gawk Has Problem With CRLF in Mixed Binary/Text Files
- From: "P.A.Long" <T dot A dot N dot S dot T dot A dot A dot F dot L at comcast dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 21:49:51 -0400
- Subject: Re: gawk Has Problem With CRLF in Mixed Binary/Text Files
- References: <4ADFC176.email@example.com> <4AE10A39.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Dave Korn wrote:
[ ... ] but as can be seen by the attached files, the downloaded gawk
executable always changes CRLF to LF,
Is this what you're looking for?
[ ... continues ... ]
Didn't work (see attached file). Of course, I could have set BINMODE
the wrong way, but I used the -v method to make sure that it got set
before the BEGIN action. If U see anything wrong with what I've done,
please tell me; I'm not too proud to admit silly mistakes!
And speaking of silly mistakes, I should have looked at the manpage for
gawk *and* at the documentation for Cygwin before I posted; I'll do that
tomorrow. I'll post anything I find; in the meantime, at the suggestion
of David Dyck, I'll be running a2p on my gawk script and using perl
Thx, Phil Long
<< File: cygwinGawk-withBINMODEset.stillNotWorking >>
Sigh ... boy, is my face red; I didn't look close enough at my output.
I guess it's always a better idea to check the message *before* U send
it then after.
Thx, Phil Long
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple