This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem [1.7] find ... | xargs ... in [1.7]: too fast for its own good?
- From: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at googlemail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 20:33:20 +0100
- Subject: Re: Problem [1.7] find ... | xargs ... in [1.7]: too fast for its own good?
- References: <4AD41F23.email@example.com>
> icon in the taskbar. Of course, it being a work machine, I cannot
> disable McAfee in order to research any links between strange Cygwin
> behaviours and it.
Do you possibly still have enough freedom to set an exclude filter on the
cygwin directory tree? McAfee is notorious for keeping handles to files
transiently open after the application has closed them, and that's very much
the sort of thing that wouldn't cause a problem if the cygwin app was running
slowly but could become a significant race when cygwin gets faster.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple