This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: libtool: rebuild required for gcc-4.3.4
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 20:57:24 -0400
- Subject: Re: libtool: rebuild required for gcc-4.3.4
- References: <4ACBE2E2.email@example.com>
Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> Now that gcc4 has been promoted to the default compiler on 1.7, libtool
> requires a rebuild so that sys_lib_search_path_spec in /usr/bin/libtool
> points to the correct directory (/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.3.4 vs.
> 3.4.4). This will be necessary each time gcc4 gets a version bump (but
> multiple releases of the same version don't matter).
Technically true -- but in practice, not so much. AFAIK, very few
packages use /usr/bin/libtool itself; instead they create their own
libtool when configured. One exception is ncurses, I believe.
But yeah, I plan to update libtool soonish. There's talk of an official
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple