This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Xterm hangs with latest Cygwin (-62?)
- From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert at alum dot mit dot edu>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 11:44:36 -0600
- Subject: Re: Xterm hangs with latest Cygwin (-62?)
- References: <4AC8CFC4.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Did you upgrade xorg-server at the same time? Maybe your problem is caused by the change in system.XWinrc that I reported yesterday:
I already had the latest Xorg server. The only difference is the
Cygwin version. -61 works, -62 hangs.
On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Jim Reisert AD1C
> CYGWIN_NT-5.1 jjr 1.7.0(0.214/5/3) 2009-10-03 14:33 i686 Cygwin
> I can start X-windows but can't start an xterm by right-clicking on the X
> icon in my system tray. ?I get the window but it hangs (empty). ? I have
> moved my .cshrc file out of the way. ?My default shell is tcsh. I've also
> This problem only started after upgrading from -61 to -62 of cygwin.
> From a DOS command prompt, I can "xterm -display localhost:0" and that
Jim Reisert AD1C, <email@example.com>, http://www.ad1c.us
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple