This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin bash and DOS cmd extremely sluggish.
- From: Thorsten Kampe <thorsten at thorstenkampe dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 18:01:36 +0200
- Subject: Re: cygwin bash and DOS cmd extremely sluggish.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
* Frank Kim (Fri, 2 Oct 2009 07:11:00 -0700)
> For some reason my Cygwin bash is very sluggish. Whenever I type it
> takes awhile for it to respond. There is no load on the system and
> when I type in Word or another program it seems fine.
> I reinstalled Cygwin but this didn't seem to fix the problem.
> I then noticed that the DOS cmd window is also very sluggish.
> Any ideas why this is happening? My only clue is that this seemed to
> start happening after I switched the drive letters of my external hard
> drive from G:, H:, I: to E:, F:, G: respectively.
> I am running on a ThinkPad T60p w/ Symantec Anti-Virus, Sonic DLA,
> Google Desktop, etc.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple