This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [1.7] "C:\cygwin\bin\git.exe: *** fatal error - could not load shell32, Win32 error 487"
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 18:30:15 +0200
- Subject: Re: [1.7] "C:\cygwin\bin\git.exe: *** fatal error - could not load shell32, Win32 error 487"
- References: <4AC4A2A4.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Oct 1 13:37, Jon TURNEY wrote:
> I've tried this with 1.7.0-61 and with the 2009-09-20 snapshot
> (I can't start anything with the 2009-09-24 snapshot, all processes exit with
> "The application failed to initialize properl (0xc0000022)")
C0000022 == Access Denied.
Probably the permissions of the Cygwin DLL were wrong. Execute
permissions are required on DLLs, otherwise the Windows loader fails to
load the DLL at application startup.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple