This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: latest libstdc++ causing ffmpeg & mplayer to segfault
- From: Nathan Thern <nthern at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-ports-general at lists dot sourceforge dot net, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 09:13:12 -0500
- Subject: Re: latest libstdc++ causing ffmpeg & mplayer to segfault
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4AC39420.email@example.com>
On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Dave Korn
> Nathan Thern wrote:
>> I thought I would bring this to your attention ...
> ?Compiler problems are always worth reporting on the main list too!
>> I just discovered that ffmpeg and mplayer are segfaulting on me. They
>> had been working fine (thanks for providing them, by the way :-) ). I
>> tracked down that the latest libstdc++ (libstdc++6-4.3.4-1 from the
>> std distro) was causing it. Installing the previous version
>> (libstdc++6-4.3.2-2) fixed things.
Hm... thanks for pointing that out. I figured it wasn't a compiler
problem and that re-compiling the apps would fix things & we would be
on our merry way. However, it may be that libstdc++6-4.3.4 is broken.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple