This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: authentication data for X11 issue
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 00:57:22 -0500
- Subject: Re: authentication data for X11 issue
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
X queries belong on the cygwin-xfree@ list; setting Reply-To: accordingly.
On 30/09/2009 00:42, diego menezes wrote:
After installing Cygwin (default installation) and trying to connect to my
machine at Fermilab I got this message:
Starting SSH connection to senna-clued0.fnal.gov...
Could not create directory '/home/diego/.ssh'
Warning: no xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding
When I try a simple thing like typing xterm& for instance, it tells me
X connection to localhost:10.0 broken<explicity kill or server shutdown>.
Does anyone have any idea on what's going on?
If the information in the FAQ doesn't help you fix this, please *attach*
your 'cygcheck -srv' output and your /var/log/XWin.0.log.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple