This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin can't find any path data after Vista Service Pack 2 upgrade
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 21:21:10 -0400
- Subject: Re: cygwin can't find any path data after Vista Service Pack 2 upgrade
- References: <4AC134C5.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4AC14B3C.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 09/28/2009 07:48 PM, John simmons wrote:
Output from C:\cygwin\bin\id.exe (nontsec)
UID: 400(strannik) GID: 401(mkpasswd)
What does your '/etc' directory look like? It would appear that you either:
a. Don't have access to it anymore (or key files like '/etc/passwd' and
b. Something has blown away said files.
Warning: Mount entries should not have a trailing (back)slash
C:\Users\strannik\.nx/temp/ /tmp user textmode
How long ago did you install the <http://cygwin.com/acronyms//#3PP>
I'd recommend removing this mount and the duplicate DLLs in its 'bin'
cygwin1.dll, cygcrypto-0.9.8.dll, and cygz.dll (you may find you can/should
get rid of
other "cyg" DLLs in that directory as well.) Then add your Cygwin
your Windows path.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple