This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bar and bar.exe under same folder and cygwin-svn version control (don't do that!)
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 18:45:58 -0400
- Subject: Re: bar and bar.exe under same folder and cygwin-svn version control (don't do that!)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 09/27/2009 03:03 AM, Haojun Bao wrote:
This might turn out a big surprise for the unwary (and unwise, like me),
who put `bar' and `bar.exe' in the same folder, under svn version
control. `bar' is a Linux binary, `bar.exe' is for Winows.
Right. It's best to create platform-specific directories for platform-specific
binaries in a repository.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple