This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Console codepage setting via chcp?
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 17:11:22 +0200
- Subject: Re: Console codepage setting via chcp?
- References: <20090923164812.GG20981@calimero.vinschen.de> <200909251250.n8PCoZo1018821@mail.bln1.bf.nsn-intra.net>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sep 25 14:50, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> 2009/9/23 Corinna Vinschen:
> > Right now, if you switch the charset via the setlocale function, you
> > also switch the charset used for console output.
> Andy wrote:
> > That's quite a unique advantage of the Cygwin console actually,
> > because it means you always get correct output even if you switch
> > charset on the fly.
> It might be considered an advantage but the fact that it is unique
> also means it is absolutely not portable.
Any reason you redirected your reply to the cygwin list? It doesn't
make much sense to disuss this in two lists and it's breaking the
threading on the cygwin-developers list for no apparent reason.
Please resend your reply to the cygwin-developers list, into the
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple