Automatisation of deployement of home-made package, and file permissions

Hello,

I'm trying to automate the deployement of applications on computers, so I created a package (let's call it mypackage-3.0)
So I created a mypackage-3.0.tar.bz2 with all the necessary files, and a /etc/postinstall/mypackage.sh script to set up files permissions.

I added the package in a local repository folder, modified the setup.ini to add the package and make it preselected.

Then I hit setup.exe, everything seems to go fine : my package is there, decompressed, the mypackage.sh is executed.
However, no file permission is changed (on a Win2K, all files have 777 permission, on a Win2k3 it's 750)
I know the script is executed, for I have a mypackage.sh.done file

I don't even understand why the file permissions are not the ones of the original files (tar.bz2 ought to keep the original file permission, and i tried by deflatting the archive, resulting in the right permissions)
The script works: if I run it, the files are modified as I would expect

What should I do ?

Best regards,
Nicolas