This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: sshd -- "Note that the CYGWIN=ntsec setting is required for public key authentication"
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 18:26:54 +0200
- Subject: Re: sshd -- "Note that the CYGWIN=ntsec setting is required for public key authentication"
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sep 14 14:29, Dmitry Semyonov wrote:
> Hello all,
> I recently had to switch CYGWIN environment of sshd service from
> 'ntsec' to 'nontsec' (because of 'sed -i' breaking inherited access
> rights to some files used by native Windows apps). All seem to work
> fine after the change, including public key logins to modified sshd,
> but $subj quote from /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/openssh.README worries me a
> bit. Is the note still applicable?
Well, if it works without ntsec... The text is probably a bit out of
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple