This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: emacs installed but won't run
- From: Charles Blair <c-blair at illinois dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 23:24:17 -0500 (CDT)
- Subject: Re: emacs installed but won't run
Thank you for your help. "cygcheck emacs"
produced the output below. After I used setup
to install the "lib" and "X11" packages, I am
happy to report I have a working emacs.
(1) Although "info emacs" works, C-h does not
provide any help options
(2) C-x C-c does not exit emacs, although
************* output from cygcheck before fix *****
Error: could not find libICE.dll
Error: could not find libSM.dll
Error: could not find libX11.dll
Error: could not find libXext.dll
Error: could not find libXpm.dll
Error: could not find cygncurses6.dll
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple