This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.exe hijacked?
- From: Greg Chicares <gchicares at sbcglobal dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 10:24:13 +0000
- Subject: Re: setup.exe hijacked?
- References: <7515D3C005374AED9E2BCFDA491CCF2F@st.com>
On 2009-09-10 08:04Z, Michael PARKER wrote:
> I've just tried downloading setup.exe from www.cygwin.com,
> only to find that it crashes when run on my WinXP x64 desktop.
I downloaded it from there just now, and it has the same
md5sum as a copy I had downloaded three months ago:
> Running a diff on the "strings" output of the new file vs. a
> "known good" version of setup.exe, I see (amongst garbage)
> the following:
>> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>> Vary: Accept-Encoding
>> Content-Type: text/html
Could it be that what you actually saved was not setup.exe
but rather some 'ebuddy' message?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple