This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Distinguishing between XP / Vista / 7
- From: Fergus <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
- To: Cygwin ML <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: Fergus <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
- Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 11:49:41 +0100
- Subject: Distinguishing between XP / Vista / 7
To distinguish the host OS (XP or Vista) for an application I have used
case `uname` in
Now I find I need to distinguish between Vista and 7 but uname does not
a discriminant (CYGWIN_NT-6.1 in both cases, I think?).
Can anybody suggest how to do this, please?
PS Can anybody running 98 with Cygwin [1.5] tell me what uname gives them?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple