This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [1.7] rename/renameat error
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 21:20:47 +0200
- Subject: Re: [1.7] rename/renameat error
- References: <4AA52B5E.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sep 7 09:48, Eric Blake wrote:
> POSIX states that rename must fail with EINVAL if either argument ends in
> '.' or '..' (after trailing slashes are stripped). Cygwin 1.7 is
> detecting this situation (which is a step up from 1.5 which did the rename
> anyways), but sets errno to EBUSY instead of EINVAL.
Thanks for catching. Feel free to fix the rename function accordingly.
This falls definitely under the trivial patch rule.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple