This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ssh and sftp connects intermittently
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 15:41:53 -0400
- Subject: Re: ssh and sftp connects intermittently
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20090902192852438.EHES29089@cdptpa-omta03.mail.rr.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 09/02/2009 03:28 PM, jeffunit wrote:
I use ssh from a dos box on windows to connect to other machines, It
works fine right after I log into windows. After a while, it doesn't work
I type something like 'sftp example.com I get a response 'Connecting to
example.com...' About 1 time in 10, I get the next line which is
This problem has been going on for at least a year, and is not specific
to a specific release of cygwin. The site 'example.com' is pingable, and
all other internet access works reliably. I would like to help debug this
problem in any way I can, to help resolve it.
I sftp'd and ssh'd to example.com from Fedora 8 and it hung on me too.
This doesn't seem like a Cygwin problem to me.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple