This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.7: cygrunsrv and google desktop search (was: cygrunsrv will not start services most of the time)
- From: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at googlemail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 16:50:05 +0100
- Subject: Re: 1.7: cygrunsrv and google desktop search (was: cygrunsrv will not start services most of the time)
- References: <email@example.com>
Jonathan Manning wrote:
> I've been tearing my hair out for weeks trying to get sshd running
> again after it stopped working. Came across this old thread on cygwin
> discuss from 3/26/09 describing the same problem but no resolution.
> Cause: Google Desktop Search's AppInit_DLL. This injects their DLL
> into every process in order to attach to programs like IE for
> indexing. Remove GDS, or clear the value of the registry key:
> Not sure if cygrunsrv can do anything to avoid getting stepped on
> here. If you need more details, let me know. Hopefully this helps
> someone else. In the meantime - GDS == gone. I need my cygwin.
Thanks for the report. We do have Google Desktop listed on the BLODA, but
only in the new FAQ for Cygwin 1.7; the old FAQ isn't updated any more.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple