This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: find(1) memory leak in cygheap
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 10:03:22 -0400
- Subject: Re: find(1) memory leak in cygheap
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 07:47:37PM +0800, Haojun Bao wrote:
>I found this problem when running updatedb, the find will print
> 2 [main] find 2592 C:\cygwin\bin\find.exe: *** fatal error -
>cmalloc would have returned NULL
>I have dumped the cygheap using gdb to see what's in it, the size is
>about 25M, and I use strings.exe to examine the strings
>in it, all the folder names that find has looked into is in it, both
>native format and cygwin format of the folders names.
>And there are lot's of folders in my android source folder, so the
>cygheap is filled up. I think maybe this is a memory leak?
>Please use the following script to test:
How about if you provide us with cygcheck output first?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple