This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin 1.7 & Windows Batch File & mount temp in windows temp before starting...
- From: Jeremy Bopp <jeremy at bopp dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 09:49:19 -0500
- Subject: Re: Cygwin 1.7 & Windows Batch File & mount temp in windows temp before starting...
- References: <200908140854968.SM08060@[22.214.171.124]>
Purrer Wolfgang wrote:
> I want to provide X â Services on a Windows Terminal Server.
> Cygwin is on a file share
> To get xwin to work, i have to mount /tmp to %temp%
> But with 1.7 the mount points arenât saved in the registry any more
> So a âWindows - batch â file â like this doesnt work
> mount %TEMP% /tmp
> xwin âac âquery 126.96.36.199
> How do you i proceed?
Maybe you could modify your batch file to contain something like the
C:\cygwin\bin\bash -c "mount \"$(cygpath -w \"$TEMP\")\" /tmp && xwin
âac âquery 188.8.131.52"
This should ensure that your new mount isn't lost before running xwin
since the same Cygwin session is running both mount and xwin. I tested
this over a remote desktop session running mintty instead of xwin, and
it seems to set things up like you want.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple