This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Successful build of ssh from openssh w. MIT kerberos
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 20:29:14 -0500
- Subject: Re: Successful build of ssh from openssh w. MIT kerberos
- References: <4A54345F.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20090812195553.GU13418@hamlet.SetFilePointer.com>
On 12/08/2009 14:55, Alec Kloss wrote:
I'm not having much luck with heimdal-1.2.1 from cygwin-ports trunk
on Cygwin 1.7 beta. This is all downloaded today. cygwin-ports
1) If patch(1) is segfaulting, something else is wrong with your
2) Why is your cygport(1) under /usr/local? The cygport packages that
are part of the distro (curr. 0.9.9) install under /usr.
I've had success compiling Heimdal 1.2 directly and linking openssh
to it to get GSSAPI authentication working but it seems like
getting cygwin-ports to do the work would be a better solution.
The major difference if you built heimdal OOTB is that you have only
static libraries; the Ports .cygport makes shared libs as well.
I just uploaded the binary packages here:
You'll have to download them manually for now.
One reason I haven't ITP'd this build is because I have no means of
testing it in real world scenarios. 'make check' did pass, so that's
promising, but I need someone else who is familiar with KRB5 to tell me
it really works (or tell me how else I could test it).
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple