This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Issue with the titlebar
- From: "Jason Pyeron" <jpyeron at pdinc dot us>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:18:02 -0400
- Subject: RE: Issue with the titlebar
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: email@example.com
> [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Kilian Krockauer
> Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 11:58
> To: email@example.com
> Subject: Issue with the titlebar
> Hello there,
> I have quite a disturbing task my colleque gave to me.
> He uses CygWin and has up to 10 Windows opened, now he's
> getting tired of looking through every single Window when he
> searches for a specific one. To be exact, he uses ssh to
> connect to our servers and wants the titlebar to show which
> server that specific window is logged on to.
> Is that even possible? I've gone through the web and found
> nothing helpful. I know that you can let the titlebar show a
> process name, the full path and i guess even the Hostname,
> because it is a variable, but everything i tried did not show
> the Hostname of the server he logs on to.
export PS1='\[\e]0;$title\w\a\]\n\[\e[32m\]\u@\h \[\e[33m\]\w\[\e[0m\]\n\$ '
> I would apreciate a rather quick help or response
You might want to hire someone....
- Jason Pyeron PD Inc. http://www.pdinc.us -
- Principal Consultant 10 West 24th Street #100 -
- +1 (443) 269-1555 x333 Baltimore, Maryland 21218 -
This message is copyright PD Inc, subject to license 20080407P00.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple