This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: emacs shell: Can't exec program: /usr/bin/bash
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 09:48:40 -0400
- Subject: Re: emacs shell: Can't exec program: /usr/bin/bash
- References: <email@example.com>
On 8/10/2009 9:25 AM, Marc Girod wrote:
I upgraded to 1.7.0-56, then did my usual rebaseall/peflagsall.
It went well, but now, I keep getting failures to start new shells
under GNU emacs.
I get the following error:
Can't exec program: /usr/bin/bash
Process shell<4> exited abnormally with code 127
It succeeded first a few times (I have currently 4 shells running),
and I cannot get an error starting bash from the command line.
Have you tried the latest snapshot (2009-08-04)? It works OK for me
under XP SP3. I started 12 shells without a problem.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple