This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Where is LEIM for cygwin's emacs 21.2?
- From: Harald Joerg <harald dot joerg at ts dot fujitsu dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 10:16:54 +0200
- Subject: Where is LEIM for cygwin's emacs 21.2?
Very rarely I need to type one or two japanese characters in my
emacs, and I recall that I did it with LEIM and set-input-method quite
easily. However, in my current installation, emacs says that LEIM
The cygwin installer says:
LEIM is part of emacs package now.
The directory where LEIM used to be, /usr/share/21.2/leim/, exists but
is empty, both on my machine and on
There's no LEIM at all in
but the title says "(including LEIM)".
As a workaround, I fetched emacs-leim from the web, extracted the
tar.bz2 and symlinked the contents to /usr/share/21.2/leim. Now
set-input-method works as expected. But I doubt that this is how it
ought to be.
* Is there something wrong with my installation (old installation,
carried over from another machine)?
* Did I miss to install / re-install an emacs package?
* Is it a packaging error with cygwin's emacs-el 21.2 package?
* Would a switch to emacs and emacs-el 23.0.92 be the recommended
solution (emacs-el 23.0.92 apparently contains LEIM)?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple