Re: Trouble creating crontab

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 09:47:33PM +0000, Will Parsons wrote:
>>Paul Mead wrote:

>>>I'd love to use whatever works, I've got no problem using Cygwin emacs
>>>or Vim but for some reason, crontab -e insists on firing up a new
>>>instance of NT Emacs.
>>>
>>>Is there no way of just creating the file without using crontab -e?
>>
>>Sure.  I've been editing crontabs for years and have never once used
>>crontab -e.  What I do:
>>
>>crontab -l > crontab.lst edit crontab.lst crontab crontab.lst
>
> I always just use the toggle switches on the front panel of my computer.
>
> Much easier.

Was that really necessary?  The procedure I use may very well be easier
than figuring out the right thing to do to invoke one's editor of choice
with the -e option.  In my case, I prefer to explicitly to export the
crontab table into a file so that I can put it into revision control.  At
any rate, answering an explicit question from the OP hardly deserves a
display of sarcasm.

--
Will