Re: perl threads on 2008 R2 64bit = crash ( was: perl 5.10 threads on 1.5.25 = instant crash )

No joy here with 1.7 either, just crashes out instantly.

Running Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard 64bit build 7100 on dual E5520
with 18GB RAM showing 16 cores if that may be of interest.

gdb is not much help, so not sure what to try next?

1) rebaseall 2) http://cygwin.com/problems.html

already tried rebaseall just case unfortunately.

Reinstalled 1.5.25 with just defaults + perl 5.10, ran rebaseall, confirmed
still fails.

cygcheck.out attached.

Threw c++ debugger at it and it errors in the main cygwin dll so it
seems like its something deep in the bowls:(

If there's anything else I can do here let me know. Going off now to
dig for instructions on compiling cygwin with debugging symbols so
I can try find you more info on the problem.

   Regards
   Steve