RE: Cygwin OpenSSH and Windows 7 RC

David Christensen wrote:

> Matthias Meyer wrote:
>> If I rebase within Windows7 I can not use this programs and librarys
>> within other versions of Windows, right?
>
> Are you trying to share one Cygwin installation between multiple
> operation system installations (e.g. over a network, dual boot, flash
> drive, etc.)?  I tried that years ago, and it was very confusing/
> frustrating.  I do one Cygwin installation (located at C:\cygwin) per
> O/S installation and recommend that you do the same.

No, thats not what I am doing.
I install cygwin in XP and build a new setup.exe (with Inno Setup) bundled
with own programs.
This setup.exe is installable and run well within XP as well as within Vista
but not within Windows 7.

> It is my assumption that the 'rebase' utility affects the installed
> Cygwin files, not the downloaded setup files.  (The downloaded setup
> files need to match what is on the Cygwin mirrors, or the Cygwin Setup
> checksum should fail.)

Therefore I assume that I can not rebase the cygwin files and estimate that
they would run in XP, Vista and Windows 7.
I would believe I have to make a separate setup.exe for Windows 7 with
cygwin files that I rebased before within Windows 7.
Thats right?

But if this is right, I would wait some month and hope that cygwin 1.7 will
run without rebasing in all three windows versions.

br
Matthias
--
Don't Panic