This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Launching CMD.EXE windows from cygwin bash (answer found)
- From: Linda Walsh <cygwin at tlinx dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 22:51:16 -0700
- Subject: Re: Launching CMD.EXE windows from cygwin bash (answer found)
- References: <loom.20090626T013635email@example.com>
Hmmm. I can't post a response to my own post.
Well, here's a new thread as a response to my previous thread.
Looking one last time, I found the answer:
to launch a cmd.exe window: cmd /c start cmd
to launch a bash.exe window: cmd /c /start bash
Didn't see your question, but if you wanted to open a new cmd window
with the command in it, you could also use "cygstart cmd.exe"
or "cygstart bash.exe"
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple