Re: /dev/ttyUSB0: No such file or directory

Leonid Krashenko schrieb:
> Hello.
>
> I am new to the Cygwin and have a problem connecting a device with serial
> output to the computer throw USB adapter. In Linux it's name is
> /dev/ttyUSB0. I have no /dev/ttyUSB0 device in /dev (but ttyS0 works).
>
> So I plug the USB cable in, then trying to:
>
> $ cat /dev/ttyUSB0
> cat: /dev/ttyUSB0: No such file or directory

Nevermind the name difference. Look up the proper COM name in device manager,
and use /dev/com7 (adjust the number as needed).

Note that Cygwin 1.5 only maps 16 serial devices (this is a problem for me as
the crappy Toshiba Bluetooth software assigns a gazillion of Bluetooth COM ports
it never needs and I never configured...), in doubt just remove an unused one
(preferably one with a low number) in device manager and unplug and re-plug your
USB to serial converter, Windows should then assign the lowest untaken number
automatically.