Re: UAC .manifest files

Den 2009-06-18 21:22 skrev Yaakov (Cygwin/X):
On 18/06/2009 13:31, Peter Rosin wrote:
There is a pending patch for libtool that adds MSVC support. That patch
will not need this, so please special case this to only be active for
gcc (and whatever else needs it).

AFAICS from your patches, you're not using ltwrappers right now. If wrappers_required=no (which you may need to set), func_mode_link() exit()s before this point, so it should be moot. If that premise changes, it will need to be dealt with then; I can only work with what's in libtool right now.

ltwrappers are just replacing the old wrappers AFAIK, and those are indeed needed by the MSVC patches, so that premise has already changed.

If you can't be bothered to cooperate with those patches then I can
switch to arguing that cccl (wrapper for MSVC) is supported by libtool.
When you use cccl with a contemporary MSVC, MSVC will create the
manifest for you. You should not overwrite the manifest generated
by MSVC in that case.

So again, please special case this to only be active for gcc (and
whatever else needs it).

Cheers,
Peter