Re: last update is weird

Vincent R. wrote:
Hi,

I have started cygwin-1.7 setup to update to latest cygwin dll and now when
I start mintty,
seems are very weird.
My terminal looks like a mix between a windows terminal and mintty, for
instance I have the following
text in black and white :

I just did an upgrade too (and got the latest mintty) and the shortcut that had been created during an earlier installation was now removed. Just starting mintty directly results in an ugly looking terminal as you say.
I looked at another computer that I hadn't upgraded that still had the mintty shortcut and there I noticed that target was:
C:\cygwin\bin\mintty.exe -
(notice the - at the end)
So I added a - to my target on my manually created shortcut and now mintty looks like it should when I start it.

Microsoft Windows XP [version 5.1.2600] (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\cygwin-1.7\bin>

and the window title is -cmd while I think it used to be ~. Colors have
disappeared.

Then cursor can move anywhere in the terminal, up, down even if there is no
text in the area, I can
also go at the start of the line even before the prompt.
It seems my profile is not read anymore since all my aliases have
disappeared.
Am i doing something wrong ? Is there any important changes ? Really don't
recognize cygwin.

Maybe a problem in the way mintty is called ? Classic cygwin terminal seems ok.