Re: Trouble with ssh-agent (maybe opening socket?)

I want to re-anime this thread because until now i did not figure out what
the problem is, and using ssh from an admin station without ssh-agent is
annoying.

The problem appears only when ssh-agent is _not_ started with the -d
"==debug" option. So this means that only when ssh-agent forks after
starting up it will start to eat full cpu after being connected through
ssh-add.

== here an example _with_ forking: ==

fibbs@schlepptop ~ $ ssh-agent
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/tmp/ssh-332EpkBmHu/agent.5492; export SSH_AUTH_SOCK;
SSH_AGENT_PID=4428; export SSH_AGENT_PID;
echo Agent pid 4428;

top tells me that ssh-agent is running but idling around...

on other shell:
fibbs@schlepptop ~ $ export SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/tmp/ssh-332EpkBmHu/agent.5492;
fibbs@schlepptop ~ $ SSH_AGENT_PID=4428; export SSH_AGENT_PID;
fibbs@schlepptop ~ $ ssh-add
  <--- cursor blinking here... waiting

top tells me that ssh-agent is running on 100% cpu load, i have to kill
ssh-agent.exe.

== example _without_ forking: ==

fibbs@schlepptop ~ $ ssh-agent -d
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/tmp/ssh-AJrrAAHVZk/agent.932; export SSH_AUTH_SOCK;
echo Agent pid 932;
  <-- cursor blinking here, ssh-agent did not fork

other console:
fibbs@schlepptop ~ $ ssh-add
Enter passphrase for /cygdrive/c/Dokume~1/C11188/.ssh/id_rsa:
Identity added: /cygdrive/c/Dokume~1/C11188/.ssh/id_rsa
(/cygdrive/c/Dokume~1/C11188/.ssh/id_rsa)
Identity added: /cygdrive/c/Dokume~1/C11188/.ssh/id_dsa
(/cygdrive/c/Dokume~1/C11188/.ssh/id_dsa)

---> everything works fine.

So this might be a problem with forking. I did not get strace to connect
to the forked process, the command strace -p <pid_of_ssh-agent> just does
not give me any output. Is there any way to gather more information so
that you can help me?

By the way, since i have this problem with ssh-agent i have also a problem
with FreeNX Windows Client which - if i am not totally confused - also
ships some cygwin dlls whith it. NX Client does authenticate to remote
host, then stays in "Negotiating link parameters" and then dies. Maybe
these two problems has something to do one with the other?

I would be very happy if you could give me some good ideas.

Christian