Re: Windows Share Folder Problem

> I am going to present the seminar on Cygwin in my organization.In that
> seminar I want to show you can access windows shared folder of any PC
> from Cygwin. To demonstrate that I have tried to mount that windows
> shared folder in cygwin but it didn't work. When I have searched in
> google for it. I came to know that i need to install "samba" on
> cygwin.

No need to mount anything or install samba: windows shares can be
accessed using the familiar Windows syntax, only with Unix slashes
rather than DOS backslashes:

//server/share/path_to_file

Actually you can use backslashes too, but then the filename needs to be quoted:

"\\server\share\path_to_file"

Good luck with the seminar!

Andy