This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Bash crashes in any if statement on high compute x-large EC2 instance (cygwin 1.5.25-15)
- From: Tim Garton <tim dot garton at cs dot stanford dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 20:32:17 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Bash crashes in any if statement on high compute x-large EC2 instance (cygwin 1.5.25-15)
I am able to repro this every time:
1. Launch a Windows Server 2003 x64 image (I used ami-dc4daab5) on a high
compute x-large (c1.xlarge) instance of EC2.
2. Install the default cygwin
3. Open up a bash shell
4. Type 'if [ "1" == "1" ]; then echo hello; fi'
5. Watch bash crash
I looked through the faq and archives and couldn't see anything else about
this. I speculate that it has something to do with xen and the underlying
hardware, because the above steps have no problem if you do everything
exactly the same but launch a medium compute large (m1.large) instance.
The main difference I can see between the two insance types is the medium
has an AMD Opteron processor and the high compute one has a Xeon (E5345)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html