This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [1.5][gcc-3.4.4] python-2.5.4 distutils failed to compile c files
- From: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at googlemail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 04:30:00 +0100
- Subject: Re: [1.5][gcc-3.4.4] python-2.5.4 distutils failed to compile c files
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Joe Pham wrote:
> Using non-cygwin python-2.5.4
> Apparently, distutils failed to locate the full path to gcc.exe
> because /bin/gcc.exe is an s-link instead of a regular file
Non-cygwin applications of course do not recognise nor follow Cygwin symlinks.
> (os.path.isfile() returned False).
> One simple work-around is to delete that s-link and
> copy /bin/gcc-3.exe to /bin/gcc.exe
Can you just tell windows python to use "gcc-3" in distutils instead of
"gcc", and not have to munge your cygwin installation?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html