This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: [cygcheck] produces repeated output - 6 times!
- From: "Thrall, Bryan" <bryan dot thrall at flightsafety dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 09:44:39 -0500
- Subject: RE: [cygcheck] produces repeated output - 6 times!
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20090504082512.GA21324@calimero.vinschen.de>
Corinna Vinschen wrote on Monday, May 04, 2009 3:25 AM:
> On Apr 28 11:47, Julio Costa wrote:
>> Bug in cygcheck? Or bug in user? :)
> Bug in user as far as the position of the -v option is concerned.
I can reproduce it; some more details:
- 'cygcheck /bin/ash.exe -v' returns 127
- it doesn't happen if run from cmd.exe
- '/bin/ash.exe -v' from inside bash works just fine
Isn't there a feature of Cygwin where it tries 5 or 6 times to restart
Windows apps (such as cygcheck) if they fail in a certain way? That
could explain the repeated output (i.e. cygcheck is trying to do the
documented 'cygcheck [PROGRAM] -v' thing but there's a bug), but my
search fu wasn't able to bring up any results.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html