This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin 1.7 ACLs
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 11:20:36 +0200
- Subject: Re: Cygwin 1.7 ACLs
- References: <49F9A90B.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Apr 30 14:35, Darren Syzling wrote:
> I'm trying cygwin 1.7 for the first time. I have an existing subversion
> area created with a windows version of subversion. I used patch to apply
> a diff to an individual file. Before the patch the file permissions were
> inheriting from it's parent - which included the Users group,
> Administrators, my own local id and SYSTEM.
Cygwin is a POSIX environment. The ACLs are set according to POSIX
rules, not according to Win32 rules.
> I'm just wondering how other people cope with these issues?
If you really need Win32 ACL rules, see
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html