This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gcc4: goodbye const struct problems?
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 00:59:44 -0400
- Subject: Re: gcc4: goodbye const struct problems?
- References: <49FA7053.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> With 1.7, gcc4, and the same binutils, I no longer see the const struct
> .rdata issues that we had with some packages with 1.5 and gcc3. Is that
> to be expected, what changed to cause this to occur, and can I rely on
> this for the future?
See full explanation here:
short version: we now use the "alternative" linker script (which merges
.rdata into .data unconditionally) by default. Later plan is to
incorporate Kai Teitz's pseudo-reloc v2 support. But in either case, the
const struct stuff should no longer cause any heartburn.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html