Re: 'bash' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

All

Apologies for the lack of information, it's easy to assume the prospective
readers know what your talking about.  I have solved my problems, but I'll
outline them for you and future readers.

I'm running the NetBeans IDE 6.5.1 which I installed no problems.

I checked the NetBeans forums for Compiler info and was recommended Cygwin
which I downloaded.

Lacking in the information at the time as to which packages to install, I
installed them all.

Then, when trying to BUILD or DEBUG from NetBeans IDE i recieved the error
'bash' is not recognized as an internal or external command,   operable
program or batch file.

I also recieved this message when typing Cygwin into the usr/Cygwin/ install
directory, i recieved the same message.

Running SETUP.EXE I noticed that the SIZE of BASH was listed as "?", ie: no
size.

After trawling thru a few different lists and forums, i UNINSTALLed the BASH
and RE-INSTALLED.  I no longer recieved the "'bash' is not recognized as an
internal or external command..." error message, but a new error saying that
cygintl-8.dll could not be found...

I checked the /BIN/ directory and found cygintl-1.dll ONLY... Checked
online, found that there were dif versions of some of the DLLs that staretd
cygintl-1.dll and then evolved as cygintl-2.dll upto the current
cygintl-8.dll.

Tried to REINSTALL bash yet again, but still the same cygintl-8.dll missing
error.   I searched my whole hard drive and found that on the first
(aborted) installation to a different path, it had installed the
cygintl-8.dll which I then copied into the current install BIN directory.

I repeated this for about 5 or 6 other .dll files.

This resolved my problems and NetBeans IDE and Cygwin appear to be able to
BUILD, DEBUG etc with no problems.

Thanks

SO