This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem with 575 man pages -- cygport problem?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 09:17:43 -0400
- Subject: Re: Problem with 575 man pages -- cygport problem?
- References: <49BDE52A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 01:35:38AM -0400, Lee D.Rothstein wrote:
> A large number (575) of 'man' pages, that reference other man pages using a
> '.so' (source include) reference, fail to work because the plain text files
> have the '.gz' extension appended without actually being gzipped. Could
> this be due to a mishap in or with the 'cygport' package?
> Each reference appears to be okay (I've only tested a handful), iff you
> remove the '.gz' extension.
> Following is a list of such man page error messages with a few of them
> actually verified to have the situation I describe above.
Please stop repeating the same message.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html