This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: clearing the scrollback buffer in mintty
- From: Andy Koppe <andy dot koppe at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 07:15:35 +0000
- Subject: Re: clearing the scrollback buffer in mintty
- References: <49BC5BB0.email@example.com>
>> For gui consoles, use
>> ?alias cls='echo -e "\033c"'
>> which does clear the scrollback buffer.
> Thanks Dave, this works on 'xterm' but not on 'mintty'.
> On 'mintty' it does a 'clear' (i.e., clears the screen),
> rather than a 'cls' (i.e., clears the screen and
> scrollback buffer).
Thanks Lee. I entered issue 65 for this. Looks like PuTTY took a
different view from xterm as to whether the "Full Reset (RIS)"
sequence should clear the scrollback, but of course MinTTY is meant to
be compatible with xterm.
Meanwhile, this will do the reset and clear the scrollback:
alias cls='echo -e "\ec\e[3J"'
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html