Re: ld library problems

On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 10:41:53PM -0000, Aaron Gray wrote:
On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 10:09:51PM -0000, Aaron Gray wrote:
I have some Linux code that uses ld and ld finds '.a' archive files
when given a -L path.  Cygwin's ld is not seeing these files and I have
to specifically list them with -l.

Anyone shine some light on this ? Do I have to use '.la' ? Or what ?
We can't shed light on this without details.  Please provide some
specific examples.

From what I am seeing (this is not a tested example)

Given 'libTest2.a' in '/usr/build/Debug/lib'

g++ -share -L/usr/build/Debug/lib test.o -o test.dll

This fails to find test2.a on Cygwin where it is found on Linux.

I doubt that test2 would be found on any platform since you didn't specify it on the command line.

However, we won't get far on untested examples.  You need to provide
specifics not supposition.

Its in a large project. So I will have to produce a bare test case. Will do so tomorrow as I would like to get to the bottom of this.

Aaron