This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.5.25-15: First steps with ncurses programming: can NOT build Hello_world app
- From: "Vincent R." <forumer at smartmobili dot com>
- To: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at googlemail dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 20:00:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: 1.5.25-15: First steps with ncurses programming: can NOT build Hello_world app
- References: <email@example.com> <49A80DD1.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 15:59:13 +0000, Dave Korn
> Alexey Lyubimov wrote:
>> 1. Why did initscr() and endwin() not require --enable-auto-import
>> but refresh() does?
> It's because the initscr() and endwin() functions don't refer to the
> variable internally, so they don't trigger the linker to import anything
> the ncurses DLL; i.e., it's just an incidental detail of the internal
> implementation of the code.
> (I'm about to commit a patch upstream that will turn on auto-import by
> default on cygwin, so future releases of binutils won't issue this
how can you answer to so many people on so different topics and on so
Are you human ;-) ?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html