This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Program hangs on startup
- From: "jamesmikedupont at googlemail dot com" <jamesmikedupont at googlemail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 19:10:26 +0100
- Subject: Program hangs on startup
I would like to first thank the entire cygwin team for providing such
a great tool that saved me countless times in corporate hell.
Now, I compiled large application that I am working on from another platform
with gcc on cygwin in vista, and I found that it does not even startup properly.
Before I got a smaller version to work, but after I added in more
modules the startup time became terrible.
The program has 500 mb memory footprint, when I looked at the debug it
stopped on the first instruction in main and was running some code.
I am not able to really see what is going on, process explorer says
Otherwise, I have seen it hang in some function that I cannot remember
exactly ascii convert or something and other vista kernel functions.
Basically, I would like to know is this :
1. how can I determine where the application is spending its time, It
is doing something, but it seems to be in a buch of kernel calls.
2. where is my systrace and oprofile for cygwin that will show me the
3. is there a way to do a trace using gdb on cygwin? I would like to
basically to a "nexti" a million times to see what instructions are
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html