This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Multicast Blocking Receiving Socket in Cygwin
- From: Brian Ford <Brian dot Ford at FlightSafety dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 09:33:19 -0600
- Subject: Re: Multicast Blocking Receiving Socket in Cygwin
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, 23 Feb 2009, victhor_1983 wrote:
> I am using a Multicast socket to receive UDP datagrams on Cygwin. I thought
> the sockets in Cygwin were blocking by defect (that is, the program waits at
> recvfrom() until it read something on the socket). However, my program does
> not wait, it keeps running. I didn't use fcntl or any other instruction to
> make the socket non-blocking, is there any way to make the socket blocking?
You are correct in that they should be blocking by default (and were/are
AFAIK). Is this in Cygwin 1.5 or 1.7? Can we see a source fragment?
What is errno?
Staff Realtime Software Engineer
VITAL - Visual Simulation Systems
the best safety device in any aircraft is a well-trained crew...
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html