This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: SSH V.5.1 with Cygwin1.dll 1.7.0: Very large logon times...
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 16:20:13 +0100
- Subject: Re: SSH V.5.1 with Cygwin1.dll 1.7.0: Very large logon times...
- References: <OFE9BA6636.3ACFB34E-ONC1257545.00575C35-C1257546.002FE213@nbg.sdv.spb.de> <20090122114202.GD17948@calimero.vinschen.de> <OFF36E2CC4.772DB5B8-ONC1257563.004E05DF-C1257563.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Feb 20 15:48, Carsten.Porzler@spb.de wrote:
> It ist very difficult to put in debug statements at the right places
> within the sourcecode because of the complexity of the programs.
> But we have just found out these new facts:
> - We copied our productive Active Directory database into a test
> + AD database contained 8700 users, 6000 groups, 9600 computers
> + part of this test network are only three computers: root domain
> controller, domain controller, member server
> + problem of large logon time could also be seen in this copied
> - In the next step we deleted most of the Active Directory objects
> + After this deletion process AD database contains only 278 users,
> 784 groups and 32 computers
> + SSH login takes only 1 sec. for login
> With theses informations it should be possible for you developers to
> adjust the situation. Increase the number of your Active Directory
> objects, and you will probably see that the logon time will also increase!
> Anything within your ssh logon process takes more time the bigger the
> Active Directory database is.
I just discussed this problem and my code with somebody having more
insight into this AD stuff. I now have a hunch what I could do to
fix this bad timing problem. Stay tuned.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html