This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] [1.7] New documentation available
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 13:42:43 +0100
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] [1.7] New documentation available
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I made all of the latest version of the Cygwin 1.7 documentation
available on cygwin.com. It consists of three parts:
- The User's Guide. It should be fairly complete now.
For online reading:
To fetch a local copy as one single, gzipped html file:
- The API reference. It now refers to SUSv4 in the first place.
Hopefully not quite complete. We're still hoping to get at least the
wprintf and wscanf familiy of functions into Cygwin before the first
- The new FAQ. Basically only really old cruft or references to Windows
95/98/Me problems have been ripped out. A couple of Q&As have been
rephrased to reflect toe changes in 1.7. And some Q&As are still
waiting for a revamp. Anyway, it's a start, right?
The sources of the docs are in CVS in the winsup/doc directory. For
those not comfortable with the CVS command line interface there's also
a web interface here:
Bugfixes and enhancements in the form of patches (diff -u) are welcome.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html